Discover the beauty of the tropical rainforest: The Corcovado National Park has been called “the most biologically intense place on earth” by National Geographic. There are 500 species of trees, 140 species of mammals, 367 species of birds, 40 species of freshwater fish, 117 species of amphibians, and four species of sea turtles nesting on the beaches. All four species of monkeys, the six cat species, and the endangered Tapir inhabit this area. At least thirteen distinct vegetation types can be seen in close proximity, including mangroves and palm swamps.
You will leave Encanto Lodge very early to catch the boat which will take you to the Sirena ranger station*. It is possible that you will see dolphins, sea turtles or even whales (mid July to end of October) on the boat ride. In the park, you will hike with a local tour guide who will be able to point out animals and teach you about the wildlife. You will have a chance to see scarlet macaws, spider monkeys, howler monkeys, white face monkeys, squirrel monkeys, peccaries, crocodiles, tapirs, coatis, sloths, and many more animals. You will have lunch in the park and return by boat around 12:30/1 p.m. to Drake Bay where we will pick you up and bring you back to the hotel.
|Duration:|| 5:30 a.m. – 2/3 p.m., including: |
– 2 x 30 min taxi ride
– 2 x 1,5h boat ride
– Lunch break
|Includes:||– Transport to the boat station|
– boat trip
– entrance fees
– local guide
- The reservation with the park administration has to be done the day before the actual trip and entries per day are limited, so please keep this in mind if you want to participate in this tour and let us know with anticipation.
- Smoking is not allowed in the park.
- There is a $35 cancellation fee for people who cancel this tour less than 24 hours before the tour.
Please bring with you:
- Rubber boots, especially in raining season due to muddy trails, water crossing and because they offer more protection. If not possible, please wear at least high hiking boots.
- You need to walk through water to get in and out of the boat so please bring short pants or long pants that you can zip the legs off for example.
- In Sirena, you need to walk over a rocky zone in the waves, so we recommend to bring sandals (flip-flops are not useful).
- Long pants serve as protection against insect bites in the park.
*we also offer Tours to San Pedrillo on request or when there is no space available to Sirena. It is closer (only half an hour by boat, but the diversity of animals that can be seen is usually lower than in Sirena.